View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
Boomerang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor31
Well just to give you an idea, depending on options, I wouldn't depend on those figures very much. Our 2005 38' came in at well over 16k empty and the pin weight is over 4300 lbs. actual scale weight with dry tanks and only full propane. That's one reason we can't travel with any more than just a few gallons of water in the fresh tank.

The spec sheet weight is an estimated, not actual weight for an empty no options base model.

You really should give the factory a call and ask what their base figures for that particular model are going to be and what they estimate the rig will weigh with your selected options. DRV doesn't build light and their CCC can be pretty small.
Your 38' is a Mobile Suites with a 15" boxed frame. My 40' is a Select Suites with a 12" I beam frame. Though I would love the extra strength, I'm not willing to accept the weight penalty that it comes with. I use my TV as my daily driver & I don't want anything larger than a 3500. At least not at this time. Keep in mind I only tow about once a year on average; the rest of the time we're parked at an RV park. Does anyone know if the factory weighs every unt as it goes out the door?
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote