View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 01:14 AM   #1
DBL Z

R/O Overnight!..A Portable Solution!...

I did a little show and tell of some upgrades to our 2015 38RSSA on another site, and thought I'd copy and paste some of it here!

This is a pic of the pressure pumps transformer and a float level switch, (sitting on the Gamma storage container) that I need to install at the top of the water tank...I'll have everything secured in a better container when I finish up!...If I don't hard mount it that is!

...The portable R/O system. Back in 2004 we went to Quartzsite AZ to winter. We had a popular 3 filter filtration set-up that worked fine for where we'd been--OR/WA-- breaking in the DP. But hooking up to that AZ water was a real eye opener!....It barely took a week before we were R/O converts!... The water is so bad you dare not drink it, so mineralized, water spots are like instant concrete, and after a shower you itch and feel..well!...not clean!
The DP had a Full System Automatic R/O installed before I took my next shower!

So when our new 5'er was set and leveled, The first thing to do was set-up the R/O! What little water was in the tank was used to flush the toilet, and the only water hooked up to fill the tank happened the next day!

I did this one a little different than the DP... I added two pre-filters... before the R/O bank. But what I have here in the box is the system...Low pressure switch, High pressure pump, transformer & float switch, (not in the box yet!), and filters.

Not installed in the tank yet, (R/O out to tank line) I had to feed a line through the vent hole to fill it!

The R/O waste line is plumbed into the drain pipe.

Outside Faucet water is connected!

So now! wherever we go! All water is treated equal! It goes through these filter or it don't go at all!
DBL Z is offline   Reply With Quote