View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #11
chevman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemstone
Come on Walt...you say you've learned a lot by hangin' around here, then you insult us by sayin'...."moving on up to a Tiffin Allegro Bus"....Heck of a thing to say to a group of DRV owners .....

Hope you get your price
Gemstone
Gemstone, no insult or negative insinuation was meant. We considered a motorhome prior to buying our Doubletree, but couldn't afford it. We did decide to buy what we think was the best 5th wheel on the market, and this model has served us very well over the 22k plus miles we've towed it.

We're getting up in age and we're looking for more comfort while on long distance trips. My 1 ton dually is a great truck, but the ride is confining and sometimes rough.

As for Diesel Pushers, the Phaeton is #1 and Allegro Bus is #3 rated in sales in America. Customer service is highly rated and the factory is in Red Bay, AL, which is an easy day's drive from my home should I have to go there.

Again, no disrespect to you or any other DRV owner.

Several friends have the tiffin MH's. You will visit the factory many times and learn the names of the workers. Good or bad?? who knows if it is close to your home it could be a good thing. Good luck to you and enjoy.
chevman