View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 12:28 PM   #13
dmascheck

I test drove a Chevy 2500 Diesel High Country vs diesel Ford 250 Ford Platinum and King Ranch.

I really liked the King Ranch interior, but things that counted Chevy won the battle!

Drove the Platinum and King Ranch first. First thing was the steering was stiffer than the High Country as well as the ride was stiffer in the Ford. I use the truck 90% time without a trailer so a rougher ride was not for me. Lastly the performance, when I put the hammer down on the two Fords there is a lag in pickup by maybe two second or more. The High Country was instant. Also for me, we have a Surburban so the controls are familiar.

One note I wanted a full length truck for my fifth wheel. You Could find plenty in Fords. Chevy was a harder find.

After having mine for two months I love the performance, plus the fuel mileage is way better than gas and pulling a gooseneck with hay is a treat!

I’m 67, plan on this being my last vehicle, so going diesel plus the fantastic torque was a no brainer!

I know Dodge has the Cummins, but the company I retired from had plenty of gas Dodge 3/4 ton trucks. At around 100,000 miles we had too many problems and they Road like a damn wagon!
dmascheck is offline   Reply With Quote