View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 08:40 AM   #5
golf_bears

Here are the pictures of my setup for the extended run tank for two Honda 2000 generators.

Not sure how to load pictures in this post so click on the hot link below.

http://public.fotki.com/rjlabonte/ge...=slideshow_wiz

When you get to the picture hosting site, right click on the black photo box and select "Go to Full Screen".

The photos are a little shaky but you should get the idea of how things are set up.

Bill of Material:

1. Two plain regular Honda lawn mower gas caps, about $10
2. I bought 15 feet (I made a single hose also) of 3/8” O.D. gas tubing, about $5
3. The fittings are all flared and sized for the 3/8” O.D. tubing. You need one tee, six nuts, and two firewall fittings plus ferrules and tube sleeves. Cost was about $10.
4. Four large washers to fit into the gas caps.
5. Six gallon outboard motor gas tank, about $10

The key to making this work is no leaks in any of the fittings or the gas caps that is why I used the fittings with ferrules and sleeves.

Drill a hole in the gas cap to allow firewall fitting to fit through.

The gas caps have a rubber seal inside to prevent leakage, cut a hole in them to allow the firewall fitting to fit through snuggly.

I placed a washer on the inside and outside of each cap so the nut pressure is against the washers and that way nothing gets cut and pressure is distributed evenly. The gas cap top is fairly thin also another reason to use the washers.

If you have any questions PM me or post and I will try and answer them.

My setup works vey well, had to use it a couple of times this summer.
golf_bears is offline   Reply With Quote