View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 07:15 AM   #10
SilvrT

The Adventure Begins

Well .... we did it!!! Took delivery of our 5th wheel RV today. (OR Roamer 337RLS) BUT ... it wasn't without incident! We'd arranged to store it at an RV storage lot in south Surrey. Unbenownst to us, it was a grassy field and as we started drivng in, we got stuck. Yep, all the frost was coming out of the ground and everything was wet and mushy and as soon as you drive onto it, into the mud you go! Well, we had to get a tow truck to pull us back out because after several attempts we just couldn't do it under our own steam and were digging ourselves deeper into the muck. In the process, the guys there had put a sheet of plywood under the wheels and as the tow truck driver was pulling us back, the plywood bowed and popped the power steering fluid line off and we lost all the fluid. Luckily it did not rip the line and the guys were able to put the line back on and top up the fluid. We finally got out THREE HOURS later!

So now truck and trailer are parked in our guest parking area in our M/H park and I've no idea where I'm gonna store it at this time ... but something will turn up.

That whole thing was a bit frustrating to say the least but at the same time, rather hilarious! I do hope it's not an indication of things to come LOL

BTW, that V10 pulls that trailer with no problem and the whole thing handles very easy.

IMG_7255 (Medium).JPG

IMG_7257 (Medium).JPG

IMG_7258 (Medium).JPG
SilvrT is offline   Reply With Quote