Thread: Bedroom slide
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #15
wingnut60
Site Team

Have taken the bottom gasket off--that allowed me to see that the right-side slide block was tilted frontwards. The screws had pulled out of the wood it was attached to, allowing the teflon block to tilt outward when the slide came out. This allowed the slide to lean to the right side.
Next I took the screws out holding the plastic piece that goes across the bottom of the slide frame--it was also attached to the side of the frame opening, and those screws were tough to access with a screwdriver.The plastic is bradded to the wood piece and there is a gasket across the back of the wood. Quite a complicated piece to put back together from new pieces, especially when the wood needs to be replaced also. It is not a normal measurement piece--something like 15/16 x 1 1/4. Gonna be tough to find something to replace it, but may be able to change a dimension without causing a problem.

The replacement teflon blocks are rectangular instead of L-shaped, when looking at the ends, and have no holes to screw them to the wood. Sure wish I was close to Cross' shop tomorrow.
Will call them tomorrow and see if they can walk me thru it.

I bought a tripod screw jack that has the length to sit on the ground to push the slide upward. Used a 4x6 timber I had laying around, placed it on the jack and eased upward to get room to work. Got everything old out, and that is where it stands til I figure out how to get it back together.

Thanks for all the advice.

Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote