View Single Post
Old 04-21-2022, 01:51 PM   #3
440scout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphyBoy View Post
I have just purchased my first 5th wheel. It's a 2020 Arctic Fox 29-5T. I have to park/store it in an RV storage lot. There is no room to swing out my MORryde solid steps without hitting the next trailer. I see they have modified the steps to come out with a hinge pin in these situations for 2021 and newer models. Is there a way to modify my current steps to be removable? I don't really want them to swing up and block the door when closed either. I would rather store them laying flat in the trailer or my pick-up bed, so I don't care about removing the easy lift shock absorber on the side. Has anyone done this? suggestions?
I had a similar problem trying to fit the 5th wheel between the house and fence. So I drilled out the 4 rivets at the top of the steps and instead used 1/4" pins with tapered ends and a a small hole on the other end to put a key ring so they can be pulled out easier. I found them on Amazon with lots of choices. Just find pins that are approximately 1/2" longer than the thickness of the step stringer. Youl
440scout! is offline   Reply With Quote