View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 08:47 PM   #13
RodeWorthy

Level-Up Remote Restored to Active Duty

Mike,
Thanks for thinking of me out during my absence at the rally. I wondered why I was feeling somewhat more euphoric than usual that weekend :)

Thanks also for the procedure to reset the remote. You were right on track but it didn't quite do the job. I don't mean to drag this out but sooner or later those with the remote are going to have this issue too.

To reprogram the remote, press and hold the program button on the receiver module mounted in the trailer until the red light comes on. Then press any key on the remote fob and observe the receiver light blinking and then extinguishing. This is as Mike described above and when this is done the system is reprogrammed.

To get the remote fob to activate the system press the LU button for a few seconds and then press the ON button. If it works correctly you will hear the relay click (faintly) and the red led will come on on the receiver. If it does not work the first time try again. With the receiver red led lit the remote system is now active and will control the hydraulic functions. You can shut the receiver off by holding the ON button for a few seconds or it will time out by itself after a period of inactivity.

It is only necessary to do the reprogram portion if power is lost to the receiver or remote fob.

Of concern to me is the fact that the hydraulics system (pump & relay) and all these little attachments are connected indirectly to the battery without the benefit of fusing or circuit breakers. I will be doing something about this on my trailer.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote