View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 10:26 PM   #5
RodeWorthy

Switch control for landing gear and levellers

Bill, the only active switch remaining in the side panel is the one for the landing gear. The levellers and stabilizers are now tied together and operate from the control head on the tethered cable or the new r.f. remote which replaces the tethered cable. So the fail safe when the remote dies is to redeploy the tethered control to the connector in the hydraulics compartment. You would need two double acting switches in the side compartment to control the level/stabilizer pairs -- one for street side, one for curb side.

I had control of the landing gear but of course I needed to raise the levellers and the stabilizers too in order to move. When the remote was installed a couple wires were left off from the cable control. I resolved that today and replaced many of the connectors. That whole area needs cleaning up and I have plans to modify it.

This latest iteration of the Level-Up is working really well but I need to find out how to restore the remote to fully control the cylinders. I don't think it will be a big problem -- just need to find out the correct way to do it.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote