View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 11:58 AM   #1
boatmanea

Question Fresh water dump inside help

We store our Grand Design ST3740BH-R in a barn on our property with a 50A hookup over the winter. In preparation for our RV season, sanitizing and flushing of the water system is a must. The issue I'm having is that when I do this, I need to have it outdoors because I am filling and dumping 80 gallons of water with each step. I have no means to redirect the water out of the barn, which means having to hook up to the truck and drag the RV outside, away from 50A power, for a day or two. This is also the time we're packing and loading up and in Texas, that can mean HOT! It would be nice to have 50A hookups so we can run more than just the fridge for those 2 days. And, the closest level surface to park and do this is about 500 feet from my barn, so a long 50A extension cable is just not an option for me.

So, what I am looking for is a solution to be able to fill and drain the RV while it is still in the barn. Has anyone done this? I can easily route the gray water dump outside, but the fresh water dump gate and overflow tube are my main obstacles. Also, it is really not a realistic option to "bucket collect" 80 gallons of fresh water and move it by hand. Has anyone found a a connector that fits that dump gate and one that fits the overflow tubing so this can be done indoors?

Dump gate outer diameter is approximately 2-3/8"
Overflow tubing outer diameter is approximately 7/8"
(Yes, I know I have measurements and can probably order a bunch of stuff and "trial and error" until I find the perfect fit, but I am trying to eliminate some steps.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4590.jpg (253.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4591.jpg (236.0 KB, 4 views)
boatmanea is offline   Reply With Quote