View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 10:40 AM   #1
Pete Morris

Happy to be here!!

Just want to introduce myself, and let you all know how thankful I am for finding this site.

My Wife and I have been camping for 30+ years and have spent the last 6 years pulling a 5th wheel. We currently have a 2008 Cougar, and when I first purchased it, the salesman told me that my F-150 SB would handle it "no problem". It didn't take me long to realize that it may pull it OK, but stopping it may be a completely different issue. So we moved up to an F-250 5.4L gasser.

In the past 6 months we have been looking for a new 5th wheel and really fell in love with a couple of the bigger Montana's. Again the salesman assured us that we had the right TV. We have not made the purchase yet, but after taking a trip through the mountains of NC with our current set-up, I realized the salesman did not know what he is talking about, and I had better take my own fate in my own hands.

I sat down and have tried to understand all of the different weight limitations, and I believe that I am now "entry level educated" on towing a 5th wheel. So, long story short we are now looking for a new TV as well as a new 5th wheel.

I am ready to sign for a 2015 F-350 6.7L 4x4 SRW in order to pull either a Montana Front Kitchen, or Front Living Room, and just want to be sure and double sure of EVERYTHING prior to signing my name on the bottom lines.

This site has been very informative, with helpful members who seem willing to offer advice and help to those that need it.

I am Happy to be here.
Pete Morris is offline   Reply With Quote