View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 11:06 AM   #5
keithandpenne

Re-string Blinds

I had looked for local string and ended up using nylon string. Worked but not as well as original.

Found the name of the company on the blinds, can not remember it now, then did a search on-line, found an 800 number and called. Spoke with a lady in service and she sent enough string to re-string all of our blinds, and included written instructions.

She said the problem with DT is they are tensioning way to tight and that I should only put enough tension on them to hold them in position. When pulling tension, pull both strings at the same time, this keeps the spring in the top bar centered.

I found that by drawing a "string route" on a paper was much simpler than attempting to read the directions, one step at a time. The 2 string and 4 string routing is some what different but the drawing helps on both.

Perhaps the most difficult part is removing/sliding the "fabric" from the cross bar with out loosing the ends of the strings the first time you do it.

Our rear blind on our TK3 needs stringing, when I do it, I will take photos and post.
keithandpenne is offline   Reply With Quote