View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 09:33 PM   #24
Cummins12V98

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonsontheGo View Post
After reading Cummins' overweight condition, I feel better about my own. When I bought my 2016 MS 38 RSB3 I thought I would have about 3,000 lbs. of cargo capacity on the 19,000 lb. GVWR. However, when I took delivery, I found that the options I added (such as fiberglass roof, roof-mounted satellite dish, upgraded Elite shower and 4 AGM batteries) reduced my available cargo capacity to 1,925 lbs. On my first weighing I learned that I was 650 lbs over the GVWR. I still have plenty of cushion on the axle ratings. Fortunately I also have cushion on the weights of my RAM so I have begun redistributing some of the weight from my trailer to the truck cabin. In hindsight I should have been considering the weight impact of my options when I was doing the build sheet.
Your frame is NO different than one with a 21K rating. What kingpin box do you have? I assume you have 8K axles.

Load it up! it will be fine as Glen says.

Call DRV and ask them what would it have taken to have your RV 21K instead of 19. I would guess kingpin box, that is easily replaced.
2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote