Thread: Mobile or Elite
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 07:05 PM   #26
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
I found out about the WiFi Ranger too late to add it to my build.
I don't think you really missed anything there unless the older ranger stuff works better then the new stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
At the time our dealer said the Fiberglass roofs were a problem. Never had a rubber roof issue and the rubber has a much longer warranty so it was a no brainer.

Electric steps were a problem, really like our solid manual steps. did not want the macerator toilet either and have been more than happy with the comfort height elongated porcelain Sealand unit.
Rubber, EPDM - 10-20 year warranty through through manufacturer (if you can get it warranted)
Fiberglass - warranty through the manufacturer, DRV, so limited to the 1 year.

Durability - I went with the fiberglass, I'm sure it will out perform rubber/EPDM during my ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Trailer seems to be clearing the bed sides ok since I cut the flanges off the pin box side plates.
I was ready to cut the 'wings' off my side plates too. But when I lowered my pin box for truck clearance, I found those side plates are just big flat washers, and the holes didn't line up with the new pin box position. So for now the plates are sitting in my garage. BTW, when I lowered the pinbox most of the lock washers failed. So I ordered quality, all Grade 8 bolts, nuts flat and lock washers to replace the factory hardware.
2020 F-450
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote