Thread: Hydraulics
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #17
Motor31

Hi Ponch,

Yep I do use the sequence for the slides and rams but it's no help. My guess is the air bubbles are in the rams themselves, too far for the process to move them to the pump. I may also have a "fouled" valve at the electric solenoid location. That was what I was trying to ask Lippert about last month.

I had a slide stop moving last August and could not retract it. When I called I talked to a Lippert rep who told me how to clean the solenoid valve for the slide after I couldn't get a repair shop to look at it any sooner than 2 months out. My concern is that if the legs are on the ground and I pull the valve the trailer may settle. That would be ungood. I suspect that it won't happen as the valve doesn't seem to be the main check valve but I'm not sure. The diagrams and manual I have been able to download don't show all of the components in the system. So far I haven't been able to get an answer to the question from Lippert. In the mean time I have to manually secure the legs to keep them from dropping during travel.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote