Thread: What to Buy
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
47hook

Since you are posting on this forum, you have probably realized that we are a quite vocal group. Before/during our decision making I pretty much read every post! Whew! We have been RVing for 30 years but have only owned 2 5er’s; the first being a 2004 Alfa. We had looked at a lot of 5er’s, Teton’s were at the top of our list until we saw an MS at an RV show. No contest!!! (I am not downing Teton’s, they are definitely great 5er’s; we just much preferred DRV’s).

We have had a few minor issues’ that have been appropriately addressed by DRV. Our MS is a wonderful home on wheels. We were full timing in our Alfa but use our MS for short and long trips. It tows wonderfully; but mostly it is a joy to be in. We have Dish Network and they and our local ABC affiliate are having contract problems. We are hooked on the show “Lost” and the only way we can watch it is in our MS on the over the air antenna from Victoria, BC. At first it seemed like a burden, but now it is a fun way to be in or MS for at least a few hours until we go on our next trip. Every time we are in it we just are amazed at how much we love being in it!

Recommendations: get the second A/C with the heat pump, get the level up system, and get the upgraded pin box with the Trail-Air Tri-Glide, and the Magnum suspension. But really, start reading the posts here. You’ll find a wealth of information and then maybe PM a few folks for in depth ideas.

Then check out the best dealerships. The one we bought ours from is no longer a dealer for DRV. Enuff said.

I can’t say it enough, DRV makes a great product and they have a great bunch of folks to deal with. Enjoy, Gordon.
2013 MS 38RESB3 #6393, modified with ES stuff & Garnet Paint

"The older I get, the better I was!"
47hook is offline   Reply With Quote