Thread: Overnighters
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 11:11 PM   #8
CALinSC

Southerland, NB

While heading west with our friends on I-80 in southwestern NB, we spotted a little golf course backed up to a reservoir lake with a huge power plant on the far side. We saw a few smallish RV trailers parked there so we decided to investigate. It was a little early in the day and we had no reservations. The little RV park at the golf course had nice large FHU sites right on the lake. The sites were level and by the time Don and I got our rigs set up for the night, we had a golf cart and were headed for the first tee. While Don and I were off golfing the girls decided to go to town so they disconnected one of the trucks and went on their adventure. The little 9 hole golf course was in very good condition and we enjoyed the afternoon chasing little white balls. Later, as the sun was going down, we had a nice supper on the lake while watching the birds coming and going. They were getting their last drink of water before heading to their roosting places.

This is one of those places you just don’t find in the books or on the internet. Thank you Sutherland, NB.

Not many pictures taken here. Some were shot into the sun and the quality isn’t very good. Just click on them to get a larger view.

Sutherland NB2.jpg Sutherland NB3.jpg

Sutherland NB4.jpg Sutherland NB5.jpg