View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
SuiteShopping

Thanks for your very helpful response!

Thank you. This is exactly the sort of information I need from current owners. Comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by netjam
I think you are correct. I know on my Elite Suite any morning that dew was present you could see exactly where the studs were on the outside wall.
So you are saying that when conditions outside produce dew on the outside siding of your Elite Suite RV, the dew is visibly missing every 16" (or is it 24"??) in vertical strips where the aluminum studs are leaking heat? {Or are you describing some condensation in your outside walls inside of the RV at those times???}

Quote:
Having said that I think you will find the sound transfer is less and the heat transfer is less than most rvs. Its a trailer not a house. DRVs are house like, but not houses.
Good to hear. So you have felt that your DRV tends to be much quieter than most other RVs? (Or perhaps moderately quieter? Or considerably quieter???) I know that that is a hard question but any details of your experiences is much appreciated.

I"m told that for the year 2007, Select Suites and Elite Suites had basically the same wall construction and R-factor numbers, so your experience is probably very much applicable to my situation.

Quote:
I think there are lots of other things you will find that are more bothersome than the heat or sound transfer.
I assume that you are saying that the bigger differences that I will find between a $10,000 year 2000 fifth-wheel and a $28,000 price on a 2007 Select Suites will involve other factors. Keeping in mind that I don't plan to tow my RV on the road for years at a time, what do you think will make me wish I had bought a Select Suite instead? {You've been so helpful that I just can't resist questioning your further. Thanks.}
SuiteShopping is offline   Reply With Quote