View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 01:04 PM   #38
Exposed

Sometimes I wonder if buying the DRV was the right decision. I can't seem to get a break... Will explain at bottom..

Will start off with got the DRV buttoned back up on the belly. I was going to use the expanding foam on all the cracks in the Coroplast to seal up. This stuff goes everywhere and is not good on the bottom since gravity takes control of where it goes. When sealing up looks a cave with stalactites coming down everywhere. Decided wait till harden then taka a cutter and cut off. I think this work okay. Since the shop was so cold from the artic front, we have really warm temps this past week so everything in the shop was sweating with moisture. The Coroplast was dripping with moisture. So thought I would hold off till Sunday before continuing. I had only a couple of my cutouts that needed some kind of internal support to make a joint to seal up. The area around the slide cylinders have some internal wood framing that worked good to just re-screw and button up. I went to HD and picked up some aluminum flat bar (1/8"x2"). Cut some strips the length of the cut out area that needed support. Drilled and tapped screws into the aluminum. Then slid behind the cut line and screwed in new screws where had tapped out. This seems to be good now and then just apply the sealer to seal the crack.

I know RLopez had requested pictures but it is kind of difficult to show really what you might want. So decided to throw together a sketch showing where I cut the Coroplast. Where I could I would basically make 3 cuts and leave the last side and fold back. This keeps everything in line with matching joint and makes it easier to reconnect. The Coroplast goes out to the edge of the frame rails and uses a C-channel to keep it closed. By removing the C-channel, you have one side access already. I did have to cut a rectangle section out in front of the Kitchen slide up front. About a foot going forward the hydraulic lines pass from the inside of the frame to the outside under the skin where the siding rolls under and attaches to the bottom of the frame rails. We changed out the Dinette slide and now have all hooked back up. New cylinder is working good and no leaks. I also noticed when cycling the Dinette slide in and out, no movement on the Kitchen slide. This was a guaranteed movement before. I feel good about all the hoses and now slide cylinders are replaced as well. After completing the sealing up, hopefully put this issue to bed.

When I went out to start Sunday morning, I had water on the floor. Thinking it was still wet from Saturday when lot of the concrete was sweating, did not think much about it. Started working and noticed out corner of my eye a drip from bracket that hold gas line to the Coroplast. Stopped and sure enough had water dripping about every 45-60 seconds. This is right below where the water heater is. My immediate thought was something froze during the bad weather. The DRV never got that cold and I had the furnace on 45 degrees to keep the water system from having any issues. So got up and went into the access opening where everything in the DRV comes together. After watching I finally saw where water was coming from. It was coming from the water manifold from the Anderson Kantleak valving. What a name, Kantleak and it is leaking in two spots on the manifold. So now after research, another problem that shows up in the DRV. Maybe I have a lemon or something. I will start another topic and track this issue. I enjoy working on stuff but these issues seem to be getting old to me....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cut-Out-Access.pdf (11.8 KB, 15 views)
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote