View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 04:45 PM   #10
5thwheeler

If you trade into a new truck every 2 to 3 years then I wouldn't worry about it at all. Like was said above - Dodge isn't worried about anything happening through the warranty period.
If you keep your truck for a good period of time past the warranty period then I would have boost & pyro gauges in it from day one. In our 2004.5 Dodge I can easily peg 1600 pulling some hills out here in Wyoming without a chip in it. I know the new cummins is built to take higher temps but 1600 is pushing it and without gauges I would never know. I've got all the power I need but have to back out of it due to the temps. If I didn't have the pyro I would most likely just keep in it pulling the grade cuasing who knows what damage.
For cool down if I haven't been pulling or running hard then I just let it idle for a few seconds and shut down. If I've been pulling then I wait until it cools down to 350 which sometimes takes up to a minute or two.
For the cost its cheap insurance to have a pyro and tranny temp (Automatic). The boost gauge isn't really used by us that often however we get our best fuel mileage at 10psi & under.
5thwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote