View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 07:42 AM   #10
Adventurous

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC 5er View Post
For a point of reference, I had a 2019 F250 Diesel Crew Cab King Ranch and the 6 speed was just fine. I just changed out to the 2020 F350 Diesel Crew Cab Platinum. I did have the Pro Trailer Backup on a 2016 F150 and NEVER used it - more hassle than it's worth and if you are towing a 5er you will become an expert with your mirrors and will not need any assistance. I do believe CaptainPalapa is correct and it will not work with a 5er. As for the 10 speed, I'm a bit indifferent about the extra gears but honestly I haven't made my mind up yet as I just got my 2020 in December and have only pulled twice on short runs of about 75 miles each. If you decide on the 6 speed I promise you will not be disappointed. Also, the reason for my quick change on the 250 to 350 is because I was right on the margin with payload capacity on the 250. Remember, your kingpin weight plus all of the other stuff in the bed and passengers CANNOT exceed your cargo payload capacity. I noticed the higher premium trucks have a bit less payload capacity because of the additional options and technology. If you are close on the numbers, which you probably are with a 5er you should just jump to the 350. Hope this helps.
I've done the calculations. I'm not here to figure out which Ford model to buy, just looking for experience with model years. My inexperience with towing and therefore backing is why I'm interested in this feature, which does work with fifth wheels.

I will be interested to hear your updates on how you like the 10 speed in comparison to the 6 as you continue to use your 2020.
Adventurous is offline   Reply With Quote