Thread: Dream 5th wheel
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 10:19 AM   #13
friz

Personal opinion. I would not buy new and part of why is because you have to buy from a dealer. You are paying retail at a dealership. That seemingly low retail price he is quoting you is because he is stealing your trade-in from you. I do not believe (from car buying experience) that you will get the same low retail price without a trade-in. The dealership will sell your trade-in at a handsome profit and the price paid for your new unit goes up above high retail. Nothing wrong with that. Part of the business model. A used unit, say no more than 5 years old will be had at considerable savings and can be found in excellent condition. Once again I would not buy from a dealer. They do have a large inventory of used units. I would suggest shopping dealers for a unit that appeals to you. Then go to the internet and find private seller. You will pay wholesale. Another reason I do not buy new is of course money. You can get so much more for your dollar when buying used. To be honest you may encounter more corrective maintenance with a used unit. But for me that is not an issue as I capable of and do all maintenance myself at 70. Once again, personal opinion. Take it with a grain of salt.
friz is offline   Reply With Quote