View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 10:31 AM   #6
Motor31

The only tool that is not a common hand tool in the "how to" packet was a saber saw to cut the PVC pipe below the cabinet floor. From there it's all plain hand tools and PVC related stuff like cleaner and glue as well as a couple metal clamps to hold the new PVC extension in place.

I had already rerouted my flex piping earlier when one of the water hoses got crimped from slide movement. Chances are that the mod will not really make any additional improvement but I'd rather get it done and hopefully eliminate any potential for problems later.

This notice had a May date on the cover letter. It got sent to the wrong address in my case so it took a while to be forwarded to me. If you have not gotten the notice and you have a 38' rig I think it would be a good idea to call the factory and ask about it. My notice did not indicate the 36' was covered nor did it give a serial number range.

I'm likely to have it done by an independent RV repair facility since the closest dealer is over 70 miles away from our location and the warranty desk person wouldn't answer the phone there. I'll be clearing that with a call to the factory on Monday.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote