View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
Mike Young

Thank you Vicki & David. I thought I had taken all the right steps prior to my purchase. My failure was in trusting the advertsing hype that Carriage used to secure my confidence. After notifying them of my problems, they backed off from their warranty promises and left me abandoned. Even going so far as to claim the problems I was continously having was somehow my fault. The workmanship and quality of Carriage leaves much to be desired. But adding insult to injury is the atrocious denial of responsiblity. It is unfortunate they have left me with no other alternative but to sue.

Apparently I am not alone. I have found many other owners who have likewise been treated very grieviously by Customer Service. Their problems have varied from minor to major, although I have only found a few who have ended up with true lemons.

I like your comparitve analogy of being "evicted" eveytime one has problems. This is exactly correct. These evictions can last from a few days to a few months, depending on parts needed and ordered. But the most outrageous expectation of all, is the request that I tow my coach back to the factory for examination and repairs.

Carriage has been a huge disappointment. I will not tolerate the deception they have applied to get my purchase dollars any longer. I hope to aggressively use the law to my advantage to get justice.

I posted this thread for two reasons:

1. To get help from other Carriage onwers who have had similar problems and will speak up on my behalf.

2. To voice a warning to potential Carriage product buyers about the pitfalls of doing business with this poorly run and deceptive company.

Carriage advertises a "Bumper to Bumper Warranty" that is not worth the paper it is written on. They advertise buildling the "Best 5th Wheel in the Business." Also "Superior Customer Service." None of this is true.

Thank you for listening. If any forum members would be so kind as to add their comments to this thread, it would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
Mike Young is offline   Reply With Quote