View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 12:41 AM   #7
Hobo

I too have The Bird on a wire and have had no problem with the TV (DirecTV) from coast to coast, Mi to FL. I get the best TV signal I have ever had and don't have to set up that second tripod. I have only hit 2 places in 2 years that I could not get though the trees to get both the Net and TV on the same dish. I was too lazy to move to another sight.

As mike said the only drawback is you can't do HDTV with the Bird on a Wire.

With Direcway you can use the bow to mount the "Bird on a Wire" with almost all DirecTV birds, you also can with a couple of the Dish birds I hear but that is few and fare in-between.

My Dway set up was $1600 including tripod and training. I think it will cost at lest $150. more now with the new DW7000 modem. and the cost per month is $59.95 and for $10 more you can get more speed. See the Direcway page for exact speeds and prices.

You have a second choice for internet with Star Band but to get to the same end I believe their monthly cost is $99. This is also available on Tripod.

If you go Direcway or Star Band on auto roof mount you are looking at the DataStome or Monostate system (spelling ?) coming in around $5000 to $6000 installed and $99 a month.

Mike has covered the rest so help this additional info helps.
Any corrections on this infor are welcome.
Rick
Lemon Tree 04 MS 36TK3 #0886
Hughes Net
Fulltimer since 1999
Find me at https://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=2000
Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote