View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 05:03 PM   #7
golf_bears

With all of the “fix-it” skills you have and 20+ years of Class C experience I would be little concerned that I would not be capable of fixing any problems. As a result I would take the money you’re considering on spending on an extended warranty plan and put it into a CD or some other investment. If and when a major expense comes along, after your warranty period, you can use those funds to pay for it.

The biggest problem and risk with extended warranty plans is as Okie explained. Most of these companies run out of money sooner or later and go belly up. They are kind of like a “Bernie Madoff Ponzi Scheme”. If on the other hand the states they operate from forced them to be bonded for potential loses that would be helpful but still no guarantee they will be around if and when you need them.

Save your money and fix things yourself, you’ll find out that it just isn’t that difficult. We’ve had our RV and TV now for 3-1/2 years and I fix most of my own problems short of warranty items. I certainly do not posses your “fix-it” skills and abilities but wished I did. If I did I would put an RV “fix-it” sign on my rig and hire out for a little extra money, put that money away in case I had a major expense on my rig.

As far as Emergency Roadside Service, I think you got a one year plan with Coach-Net from DRV when you bought your rig? I've had to use mine a couple of times and they are great folks to work with.

Enjoy the ride and make sure you have lots of fun along the way.
golf_bears is offline   Reply With Quote