Thread: 2008 F450
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 06:43 PM   #4
hitchup

To answer as many questions as possible. It is the Dark Stone Metallic. It almost looks black, so it goes with the black & gray stripes of the ES. If we were to order, that probably would have been my choice. It doesn't have the 2-tone, but I like it better that way.

MSRP of $60,135 was almost right on at Edmunds.com when I plugged in the options. We paid $57,127, but are adding DVD player, remote start, 22k hitch, sprayed bedliner & gap insurance for extra cost. It came with navigation/6CD/Sirius radio, sliding rear window & moon roof, just too many options to list.

According to my booklet, F450 only comes in DRW & a 6.4L diesel. We got the 4.88 axle ratio since we wanted the max a 4x4 could carry. Now we can go up to 24,000 lb 5er. Much higher than our 18,500 ES. GCWR is 33,000. The 4.30 would have dropped it to 20,000 lbs with GCWR of 29,000. 4x4 is of course 500 less than 4x2.

The Lariat seats aren't as comfy as the Chevy leather seats in the LT. We couldn't try out the King Ranch except in a 2007 F150. Not the darker color, but they were only slightly softer. Even still the ride is much better than the 1999 F350 XLT, we used to have. Engine is as quiet as Duramax & power wasn't too bad. Also love the wide steps & built in step in the tailgate. Even gives you a handy pole to grab hold of. Tighter turning radius than we expected. David backed into driveways on the first time, even with another vehicle parked in it.

Will give everyone an update on towing ability. We're heading from Tallapoosa, GA to Culpeper, VA in a few weeks. I'm planning our route now. That should give it a really good test.

Vickie
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote