View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 10:53 AM   #66
terry and jo

For those that don't know how the wife and I RV, we pretty much stay in one place for months before moving on. Bought our MS in May of 2010. Then we moved into it in the Spring (April or May) of 2011. Retired in June of 2014 and headed out. 20 months in Colorado, 17 months in Oregon, and 9 months in Utah before coming back to Oklahoma.

In total, I would venture that we have less than 6000 miles of travel on our tires and we STILL have the original GY G114's on the coach. So, they are now over 10 years old. We had some issues with the NeverLube bearings on one axle, so we had new axles with EZ-Lube bearings put on the coach. When we took off all the tires to replace the axles, the wife and I examined each tire. None of them were showing any "age cracking" either within the tread or on the sidewalls.

That said, before we go out on the road again, we will probably have new tires put on, and they will likely be the GY's. We've heard for years that 7 years was just about the full life of tires before aging out. We are now close to 11 years.

Not related, but when we returned to Oklahoma from Utah in 2018, we decided to replace the original batteries as well. Those had been there for 8 years, but we weren't having any issues with them. I just thought they needed to be changed.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote