View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 11:06 AM   #33
greg veverka

Motor31,

I know this is an open fourm for DRV owners but you are well educated in many fields and the information is priceless.

As all of you know my wife and I are selling our home to full time in an RV so I have the time to investigate all manufactures before I place my order. Our buget is up to $150,000.00 so this gives us some room with 5th wheels.

Being an audiophile I know a few things about insulation since I have built several sound studios in my homes. Bottom line, insulation done properly is actually inexpensive.

At this point after a few weeks of reading all of the posts about DRV I will not be placing an order with them. In my earlier posts I have said I feel they make a fine product, well insulated using some fine products but this evaluation is based on the entire industry, all 5th wheel manufactures.

I just spoke to Space Craft MFG, they build a totally custom 5th wheel to the clients specifications and when I compared apples to apples an ES to their product they come out way ahead for less $$$$.

A huge red flag went up when I read that in the sales contract you need to have written in that Paul Cross complete a PDI...before you take delivery!!!
This information only means one thing, no quality control.

I even contacted Russ at Americana and his company was willing to give me all the names and numbers of thier owners so I could contact them and just see how many problems they have had.

Sure nothing is perfect, I am not looking for a perfect rig but passing off the quality control to the customer to police the factory with Paul Cross as the watch dog is not good business. Also at this point I am not in any way saying if a product DRV has insatalled goes bad it is DRV's fault, no, I am only speaking about what is in DRV's control.

I am also shocked to read so many DRV owners would buy another one, I can understand many of them may have experienced little problems but like one gentleman said, " my 09 is no where near as good as my 06" . clue...

Maybe the best lesson is to keep the auto industry in mind, remember how they just kept building cheaper and cheaper products because the American public was lead by the nose to buy American...well we all know the rest of the story on that one.

Maybe they monitor this fourm......
greg veverka is offline   Reply With Quote