View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 12:52 PM   #53
wingnut60
Site Team

Duane,
Depending on how low and how long the temps get, several things will come into play to keep operating--this is what I have found out for staying on a temp basis (not long term) in really cold temps: 1) exposure to sun during the day, this to me is important, especially on the service side of the trailer. Sunlight will go a long way to keeping things thawed; 2) working off the fresh tank and not the spigot--heated hose is great, but connections may not be--so filling tank and using it instead of hose can help keep water flowing. 3) there are some areas in the basement (at least on my '15) that will have freezing temps even with the furnace on, one is the pickup tube from water tank to the pump, thus my need for a space heater near the water manifold. Heat pumps don't work at low temps, so heat will all come from space heaters and furnace. I went thru a 10gal tank every 2 days in Denver, luckily dealer was only 2 blocks away.
Also, get a thermometer with 2 or more sensors and remote readout to monitor basement/storage areas--this will really open your eyes to what the insulation in the DRV is doing/not doing for you.
Joe
Based on personal time in cold temps, I would do my best to stay away from areas that require lots of prep and heat sources.
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote