View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 07:28 PM   #6
GTM

Hello.

First of all. Get a Diesel. Better torque, better fuel econ than a gas, run forever. They are though more expensive to purchase and repair but I feel the benefits outweigh the negatives.

Second. Dually period for the size 5th wheel you will be pulling it will give you a more stable ride and will handle the load better.

Like I said when I ended up with the Dodge Ram I looked at all three of the big three. I ruled out the Chevy as it did't have the tow ratings I was looking for which left the Ford and Dodge. Both are very close in weight carrying capacity, however when it came to ride the Dodge had the Ford beat. You will hear that all Dullies ride rough. Well I traded in a 2006 Dodge 2500 Diesel single rear wheel drive and the new truck ride alot smoother than the old one.

My truck was optioned with the Laramie trim, 8ft Bed. Asain transmission a must have option. 410 rear end and a GVW of 14000 lbs. Regardless of the truck you will need something with a GVW in this range for the size of trailer you have.

Good luck and have fun.

Gary
GTM is offline   Reply With Quote