View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #5
RodeWorthy

You seem to be in a very big hurry to buy a unit that you may not know a lot about. Waiting for an '08 model might be the best thing you did if it would give you time to understand fully what you are buying. There are always deals to be made.

The SB3 front wardrobe is reduced in size to the point where clothes cannot be hung on a rod as in the other models. The clothes are hung sideways. The capacity is much less than the TK3 you have seen. This was necessary because the bed was moved forward to make room for the side bath. This in turn required the reduction in the wardrobe space.

You can gain wardrobe space if you decide on the combo W/D. Be aware there are trade-offs there too, i.e. smaller capacity. If you understand that then your W/D choice might be your solution.

The kitchen pantries are reduced in depth as well reducing their capacity.

There is no sliding pocket door between the bed/bath area and kitchen. The "door" between these areas is a folding pleated curtain.

The vanity cabinet with mirror is above the toilet in the bath area. There is a window above the sink. Doubletree installs a folding mirror to be used at the bath area sink.

The concept of the side bath is great but there are trade offs. As long as you understand them it may be just what you want.

You can delete furniture from your order. Doubletree is willing to work with you on some special requests. I suggest you call Doubletree and ask for the Sales Manager to discuss your needs. He can also advise you how many spaces there are available for the 2007 build. You are correct to say 2007 is close to being filled. It may be already.

I have many pictures (mostly "borrowed" from online posters) of the SB3. PM, or better yet, email me if you would like me to send you some.

You scare me a bit It took me two years to figure out my needs and you seem to want to do it in two days. Granted you are more experienced than we are and many people can do that -just not me.

Be careful and good luck with your purchase.

Rodeworthy
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote