View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 06:13 AM   #13
octanemaniac

Thanks everyone for the replies. I appreciate all the examples of working configurations. Since I'm shooting for a Full House, with two full touring bikes onboard, we're likely going to be pushing the 23.5k GVWR on the trailer.

Everyone seems to agree that there needs to be air in the hitch/pin system.
Opinions are mixed about whether having air in BOTH the hitch and pin box is useful, harmful, or overkill. I think opinions are leaning toward overkill. So the question is where to put the air?

Given the softer suspension in the new F450's, rear airbags on the truck are virtually a requirement. My gut tells me putting air in the hitch system is more robust than the pin box. I like he airsafe 25k Omni-directional so far because it has the Binkley head like the Hensley, but can be disassembled and removed "fairly easily" by hand. The Hensley would take a chain hoist to remove.

So now which pin box? Following my logic, I don't think using an air Pin Box adds value with the AirSafe in place. Since DW is sensitive to chucking, I'm tempted to go with the MorRyde instead of any of the airbag Pin Boxes.

Alternate opinions always welcome. Thanks again.
octanemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote