View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #24
bstark

Depending on the style of "camping" you do, he may be correct about the SeeLevel guages but I make that statement based on not needing any guages once you become familiar with your coach. If you are sitting in one spot for any length of time you'll very quickly determine how many days you can go with normal daily routines before dumping or fill up with fresh is required.

If you're going to require tank guages of any type GET THE SEE LEVEL ONES as the others aren't worth c**p! Opinion only here; DRV should be installing them as OEM equipment instead of the others anyway as they actually work and do not require holes in the tanks for the stupid probes.

Why delete the Trailair pinbox. I found that to be one of the best options I could have ordered and I kept it even though I later installed an air hitch on my International. If towing with one of the pick-ups I'd think it or a facsimile would be a must. Magnum suspension option used to include the heavier axles, hydraulic disc brakes and the gas charged shocks. I'd go with the gas charged shocks regardless. The roads ain't gett'n any better out there and the air pinbox and gas charged shocks will be helping your trailer out even if you don't notice any ride imrovement at all.

Now; dealer installed Pressure Pro? We're talking about a minimum of DIY skills here to find a spot in the cab for the panel and then hook power and optional antenna wire to it if you need it. Programming the thing is as easy as screwing the sensors onto the valve stems one at a time and waiting for it to sense the sensor before moving on to the next one.

I agree with his other suggestions of cabling to bdrm and hard wired 50 amp surge guard. His thinking about the 13.5K A/C in the bedroom has merit IF you cannot add a heat strip to the 15K unit. The 15 K unit can be ordered as a heat pump but it loses efficiency below 40F degrees whereas a heat strip doesn't and will easily keep providing heat below that mark. Only you know what temps you're likely to encounter in your travels.

I tend to agree with him about the roll-out tray. While it makes getting to stuff in the center of the basemant easier it takes up a lot of room itself and again; only you know how much "stuff" you're likely to be carrying down there.