Thread: drv weights
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 07:47 AM   #5
sje

thanks for the reply 2 black dogs. I have been doing a lot of research on the suites since i saw them at a show a couple of months ago. I was relegated to the idea of having to buy a select because of the wieght. I have a srw for diesel. I pull a 32 foot gooseneck trailer that weights 7000 and with my trencher it totals 19000. With the diesel it gets close to 26000. The truck pulls it with no problem, but i know its back there. With the same trailer and my bobcat, the total drops to 13700 and 20700, which is close to the listed dry weight of a mobile 36tk3. It pulls that very easily. The tailer has dual tandem axles and probably doesnt have much of a suspension compared to the rvs. We are not going to full time, just extended stay snowbirds. We haven't carried water, the last nine years we have used our rv, thats not to say we would not though. I thought i was sold on buying the select until the dealer priced the mobile at only 6000 more. I was kind of waiting to buy a new truck when ford comes out with their new diesel in 2011. sje