View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 05:45 AM   #5
dmascheck

I have a maze of small pieces of pex tying in all the valves! If I'm careful removing the copper band, and plan on using the cinch type bands due to space confinements, can the existing tube be reused or does the pex need to be replaced.

If I have to remove the pex tubing completely and reinstall new, it means I have to also cut the opposite end to remove! It cause a domino effect of all the stuff I have to do for one lousy valve!

Also everything is plastic. I wish I had the time and patience to replace it all, but it would be a major undertaking/nightmare. I wish I could and could replace everything with brass, but there are so many short pieces tying it all together. I'm sure they made up the harness before installation. Doing it after the fact is difficult at best! I wish I would buy the whole setup, but that is not going to happen since the trailer is no longer built!

Last but not least, is there an easier way to remove the pex off a hose barb? I've tried prying with a screw driver and it works, but takes some time and major effort!
dmascheck is offline   Reply With Quote