View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 12:23 PM   #6
Rockyhud

I have a related question about hydraulic bottle jacks. Yesterday I discovered the RV's rear wheel hub on the driver side has way too much slop and needs attention. I didn't catch this while checking out the RV prior to purchase as all wheels were solidly on the ground in an RV park and I had no way to lift any wheel. Where I parked the rig on our property was just enough off level that the rear stabilizer jacks lifted the driver side wheels off the ground just enough that I could spin both wheels and noticed the slop then. This rig has Kodiak disc brakes but I don't know yet what brand/type hubs it has but will know soon. I won't tow it again until this problem is taken care of.

I plan to get a 20-ton bottle jack for this purpose so I can safely raise any wheel but would appreciate any suggestions and/or tips others have, such as any bottle jack accessories or items that help ensure the jack cylinder doesn't move from where it's set to lift, once it gets weight on it. I presume I'll also want/need some sort of base material for the jack to sit on and help stabilize it so it doesn't lean when weight is applied, but I'm also thinking some sort of cradle or flat plate for the top of the cylinder to help keep it from shifting would be advisable. Any ideas or safety measures that should be considered and followed will be appreciated.
2011 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5509
Rockyhud is offline   Reply With Quote