View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 06:38 PM   #19
jcasey

Sometimes people state--in their posts--mattress sizes and names that are not the same as commonly used outside of the RV world. While that might not be a problem for many, here is a web site listing mattress sizes and names that are usually used in the industry.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CEAQ9QEwAw

The so-called "king size" mattress in a Mobile Suites is likely a "short California King (72 x 80)', which is a different size than a true "King (76 x 80) or standard California King (72 x 84)." The link above
gives what seems to be the accepted mattress terminology and sizes.

Incidentally, one can use a true "King" mattress in a Mobile Suites if one wants a bit more width. In our case, we had the factory make the bed platform a bit wider to support a true King---even though the standard
bed platform will support the King even if the King is a bit wider than the platform for the short-California King--as usually found in a Mobile Suites.

There also might be another short-king and a short-queen for RV application. I think there also is a "giant King mattress" for home use. But, I am unfamiliar with those mattress sizes.

I hope I conveyed the correct info on the Mobile Suites mattress sizes. If not, let me know.
2011 Ford 6.7 Powerstroke F350 Super Cab, AT, DRW, Lariat. with Ride-Rite Firestone Air Bags. Used to tow 2011 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 #5568, which is equipped with Center Point Suspension, Trailair Hitch, Level-Up, dual pane windows, Satellite Finder, 17.5 Tires, Dual Air, Valley/Husky 24,000 5th wheel hitch.
jcasey is offline   Reply With Quote