View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 07:54 PM   #5
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
Re: Slideout awnings seperations

We also have the same issues going on with our slide out toppers. I used a special tape for that repair, but I will need to replace all of them this summer. The tape doesn't totally stop the problem, just slows down the tearing.
As far as the slides go, there is no easy way to pull them in or out if you loose power, or a motor/gearbox. Under the trailer in the bottom covering, you will find 4 trap doors, screwed up with small screws. Drop those doors down, remove the insulation, and get yourself wedged up inside. You will see the gears that move the slide, and you will see the bar that connects the two gears. Remove the bolts that hold that bar, and you will be able to push by hand, the slide. You might need 3 or 4 other folks to help, but you can move it. Yes, I know because I've had both dining room and kitchen gear boxes fail. Not a terribly hard job, but once you've done one, they get a lot easier!!
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote