View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 04:27 PM   #6
Falcon

You have a fine tow vehicle. That's TV in RV terminology. For about six months I thought people were talking about my television and it didn't make sense that people were pulling a trailer with that. To the point: If you have 4WD, put that thing in 4low and it will creep up your driveway like a Caterpillar! I always use 4 low when I'm parking or have to deal with any slope. It's geared very low so it moves slow and you can move carefully but with lots of torque and traction. For hitches, you have many choices, and you will hear lots of opinions, some of them will even be good! I've been around so I'll tell you this: Some folks say you can turn 90 degrees without a slider, in a short bed. These are the same folks who tell you "I can't even tell the trailer is back there!" I'm sure someone has done it, once, but don't take the chance. I have an Andersen "pyramid" hitch which brings the ball up to pin height and you add a ball cup adapter to the pin. These have seen some controversy in that they are not approved by the trailer manufacturer or were approved and then they changed their minds. The hitch is also made of aluminum which scares some ignorant folks who think beer can when they see aluminum. As a former USAF aircraft structures maintainer, an aviation enthusiast and have degrees in metals tech and professional aeronautics, I can tell you that aluminum is just fine when it's engineered for its intended use. The only drawback to a traditional Curt or B&W 5th wheel hitch is the weight of it when you have to remove it and the rails that stay behind can restrict your use of the truck bed. To avoid experimentation and possible controversy, go ahead and get a traditional slider and you won't have any problems with it. Message me with any other questions. I have RV experience but certainly do not know everything. I will never lie to you and I know how to say "I don't know" if I don't know something. I have good forums and other resources that can help with most any issue.
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote