View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 10:29 PM   #36
Beachgirl

Just About to Order

Wow! I go on a cruise for a week and come home to some great, thoughtful replies! Thank you so much!

Terry: The Lasko heater is on sale at Walmart right now for $36.88. Doesn't appear to be the model with the remote, but the price is right! It's also quite classy looking. I am now leaning towards 15 btu in bdrm ac: we camp in the hot far more often than cold. Is there much of a difference between the 13 btu and the 15? And you would then do the heat pump on the bdrm A/C, yes?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lasko-Desi...ReviewTitleBar

To Bstark, Terry , The View and others:

Ok, I think we now have a rudimentary knowledge of hitches, lol. Enough to begin asking intelligent questions, lol. I think I read elsewhere that Delaine thought the B&W was one of the best hitches he'd had; so that supports my dealer's thoughts; though with an MS38' I will probably run up against that 18k pound limit.

However, everything I've read has pretty much convinced us to use either the air pin box or an air hitch; air something! Since we are buying a new truck, we can choose either. Is the cost of a hitch plus TrailAir Pin box about the same as a TrailerSaver air hitch?

I really want to avoid any chucking, etc. So tell me what you think is the best way to go, pin box/ hitch wise. And if you say Trailair w/ triGlide, then also recommend a hitch. And also whether or not you think we should do both- the Trailair Triglide in addition to an air hitch such as TrailerSaver.

Thank you all again sooo much!

Also, I decided to go ahead and do the bunk bed mod. It might also appeal to some of you grandparents out there who don't have a washer/dryer in the coach. I am also adding the tankless hot water heater. I can already tell you that is a surefire winner! We've had one in our Sunnybrook for 13 years!

Thanks again! We finalize our order this week! :)
Beachgirl is offline   Reply With Quote