View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #35
bstark

The confusion on the Trailair pin box may be from your dealer stating the trampoline effect may be a result of adding the trailair pinbox to another air bladder system either incorporated within then hitch mounted in the trucks bed such as a TrailerSaver or an air suspension system on your trucks rear axle and I'm here to tell you tha's bunk of the first order!

As Mike explained above: the Trailair Pinbox has a shock abosorber to control/dampen rebound.

Your trucks rear suspension WILL have shock absorbers regardles if it is a spring with air bag assist or air only suspension.

I towed with a Gene McCall Airglyder hitch that had two air bladders for vertical movement with shock abosorbers and my truck also had a full air suspension but again with shock absorbers as all vehicles do. I never noticed any occaasion of the front of the trailer behving as though it were on a trampoline as all of these systems have different compression rates and are dampened on their rebound.

To look in the mirror and see the front of your trailer floating slightly while going over terrrble highway sections gives one a wonderful piece of mind reassurance that the pinbox framing of the trailer isn't being beat to death.

While having an air pinbox may not be of concern IF you have a Trailersaver or other air assisted hitch in the truck I would certainly have one REGARDLESS of what type of suspension your truck has. JMHO