View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 09:08 AM   #32
The View 5046

As for the Tank guages, they IMHO are useless. I never pay any attention to them. As someone on another said, might as well paint over them. After being in the Suites for awhile you will know when to dump. When at a site for extended stays I leave the Grey tank valve open. But never leave you black tank valve open except to dump. Use lots of water and back flush until the water is clear.

As for the B&W turnover ball with the Companion 5th wheel hitch. There is a 18,000 lb capacity when in use. As we all know several of the Suites are over that capacity. I used a B&W system with a Heartland Landmark and the 2009 Mobile Suites 36 Tk 3. I talked to the factory about anyway to increase the 18,000 lb capacity when we went to the 2010 38RSSB 3 with the vanity slide. Factory said no way. So I went with the Trailer Saver Air ride 5th wheel hitch 32,000 lb capacity.

If I was ordering a new Suites I would have Drv design a place that you will be able to mount the HD receiver or a DVR system, unless you want to have the systems set on the cabinet top. We had Drv design a place to set the HD receiver. Very Professional job by the way.

I have also had those heat strips, really wasn't what I expected. As said a cheap small electric heater will do much better. We do have a Fireplace in our Bedroom and it works great. We can heat the Suites with the two Fireplaces, however when below freezing I always use the furnace because it will heat the basement compartment.

2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 4 (SOLD)
Trailer Saver TS 3
Pressure Pro System (SOLD)
The View 5046 is offline   Reply With Quote