View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 08:39 AM   #30
Motor31

When I ordered our rig the trailer saver hitch was part of the package. You got it free if you ordered the suspension from them. I would not be without it. There is a shock ON the pin box to dampen oscillation. No one I have talked to gets a "trampoline" effect. I also have air bags on my tow vehicle and certainly get no suspension bounce from them either.

We like the oven. Once an oven tie is in place it works great. Nancy uses it all the time for cornbread and other stuff. We wouldn't be without it.

Class 6 cables should be standard for TV purposes. It was back on 05, no reason to change now.

If you do camp in hot areas the 15k AC unit will come in handy. Frankly, we have found that we can heat the bedroom with a small portable space heater far warmer than we like it. Having said that I wish we had gotten the heat pump option there as well as in the main trailer AC. We do not spend time in a really cold area. We go to Tucson AZ for the coldest months. Yes it will occasionally get down to the 20's there. At that point we want the furnace to run as the basement needs to be heated to prevent freezing to the pipes and tanks anyhow. The space heaters mean that we can still have the heat pump and the space heater if all the park has is 30 amp service. That won't be the case with dual heat pumps unless you turn one off.

If you intend to use the tank gages at all the see level will work. Shortly after you get the unit the normal black tank gage will be non functional as it will get fouled. If you want to know the level in the tanks, including the grey, get the see level now. Forget the old style, they are a waste of time.

Shocks are a good idea on the suspension IF they do a proper job of placing and welding the mounts. I had to have mine re welded since the factory didn't do the job right to begin with. I found out by finding one shock hanging with the frame mount broken. Others have had shocks bent because the mounts were placed too close together. These units NEED good shocks to protect the trailer and contents not to mention maintain control of the rig.

Unless you need a super duper microwave or convection oven, the upgrade is really pricey.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote