View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 02:36 PM   #14
Txtower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripit View Post
When I owned a trailer with 3 axles the center tire on the kitchen side blew out 2 times, so I decided to get it weighed by each tire spot. Found out the tire that was failing was over loaded by about 250 lbs, that was if i kept it to 80psi, if it was under inflated it was overloaded even more. We moved items to relieve the overloading and kept a real close eye on the air pressures. Without having it weighed by wheel position I would never have know of the weight issue. Then I went and bought scales and started weighing RV's as a business. You cannot believe the amount of overloaded RV's we discovered, many had failed tires in one location.
Wow, I never knew you could weigh each tire spot. That is pretty impressive. How do you do that? Buy the scale as u mentioned or did you go somewhere? Right now with 15 inch wheels, the published GVWR exceed the maximum tire on the 15” wheels and load E tires. I am gonna upgrade to 16” and better tires on it with improved weight. I should be able to improve the weight on each wheel by 800 pounds (not that I will exceed that high due to axle limits). I will need to install lift block kits to get that extra 2 inches or so that I will need for the clearance with larger wheel/tire.
Txtower is offline   Reply With Quote