View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 12:14 PM   #6
Cummins12V98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobplouhar0@gmail.com View Post
Ok Cummins I have got a lot of good tips from you I am pulling a 36re3 loaded close to 20k I have a 2018 Cummins Dually long box I run 80psi in front tires I believe I’ll be ok to run 62psi in rears what are you thoughts?

Thanks for the compliment!

To know what your rear tire pressure or any tire pressure should be you need to know your actual loaded weight.

You are right on at 80psi fronts all the time as the front only increased 100-150# with the RV attached.

Weigh your truck and RV axles LOADED at a CAT Scale. Use the load/inflation chart to determine proper psi. Trailer tires add 5psi to the chart. Front truck tires add 10psi this compensates for the turning wear. Rear truck tires add 5psi.

If you have not done so get your front end aligned to 1/64" TOE setting to avoid outer tire edge "STEPPING". When not towing reduce the truck rear tires to 30-35psi, I run 30 with a 500# tool box and the B&W hitch in the bed. I have 57k on my Michelin's with tread left to get well past 60k.

Rotate ONLY the fronts side to side leaving the wheels where they are. This keeps rotation the same and places the inside to the outside.
2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote