View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 12:23 PM   #4
DBL Z

When I was looking for a tow rig a few months ago for the new DRV 38RSSA we had delivered to this winters camp spot, The only rig in the pick-up line close to worthy was the RAM DRW...

Quoting myself here!

Quote:
Truck To Pull With?

I've had a pick-up since I've had a drivers license, All 4X4's and three dually's. I've yanked a lot of stuff around, carried several large loads, and two BIG campers!

A few weeks ago we picked up our first 5th wheel!... A 38ft (40' overall) Dually required!... DRV!

From that day!.. I spent several hours per day searching for a Truck To Pull It With!

Before I picked up the M2, my first choice, (for another dually) was the RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4X4, Cummins/Aisin with it's 385ftlbs Tq and 30K towing cap.... I personally felt this rig was the best choice of what's out there in the Pick-up class. Since I've never pulled a 5th wheel before, and I've been driving a 40ft DP with Frog, a 24ft enclosed, or a boat!...Everything in me said!...you need something bigger! :laugh:

I've had the M2 about a month now!... I can honestly say!... It's the best decision, (outside a HDT) we could have made! Safety being foremost on the list, The MDT filled the ticket!... Mass, bigger brakes, beefy Engine/Transmission, Pac brake, and basically the same footprint as a CC dually so I can park in regular parking spaces!

Another reason for this choice is very visual!.. I've watched how 5th wheels keep getting bigger and taller through the years and when I see these monsters dwarfing a CC dually LB... I just cringe a bit inside!
I just can't put into words how safe, secure, and confident I feel towing our new home!

...And I can park it in spaces where my blue sticker says I can! Ever though we have other vehicles to drive around!... I still take out the M2 a couple three times a week... just because!
DBL Z is offline   Reply With Quote