View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 07:54 PM   #14
bstark

Yeah, Goodyear will stand behind their tires IF you keep the carcass and submit it to a certified Goodyear dealer AND he agrees the thing didn't suffer some internal damage from an errant curb strike, pothole etc., Whereas the Michlin's in a straight rib pattern are of a higher rating and in my perusal of the forums, have never found any reference to: tread separation, out of round, impossible to balance etc., I have had All of those conditions exist with my numerous Goodyears over the years and never received an adjustment dime from Goodyear for the same reasons outlined by Dave; Gee, we're sorry your tread separated but you didn't keep the carcass so you're out of luck. Gee, that tire is really oval don't know what could have caused that, sorry. Gee, we've never had a tire that required that much weight to balance there must be something wrong with the balancing equipment used by the certified Goodyear Dealer, sorry. The last example came to a just solution with the dealer simply re-ordering another tire for me as "good faith" for all the business I'd given him. He said he'd put it on an axle of a low-boy trailer that was used to haul a dozer and the dozer wouldn't even notice.

If I were keeping the trailer there's not a chance the replacement tires would be anything but Michlins.