View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #14
imouttahere

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGordon
I have the same rig as you with the built-in Onan 5500 generator. You need to open the front cover of the generator and look up the top left corner and see if the 20 and 30 amp breakers are on. This will keep any voltage from going to your breaker panel inside. The 5500 will run everything in that rig and I also went to a Samsung french door residential fridge. Best thing I ever done.
Good info on the gen switches, Ron. I'm sure between that & the connections on the transfer switch, one of those is the culpret. What kind of amps does your refer draw? Could that run off of a 2000w inverter with 675 Ah of electric being charged from 700 watts of solar? Do you have any wiring layout or schematics of that unit? Did I read somewhere that DRV wires for satellite? I noticed two roof vents in the forward left and right corners - can't figure what they're for.... Sorry - I probably sound like I'm a drowning man looking for a life ring. We got this unit and I know absolutely nothing about it except for the individual manuals for each appliance or whatever. Glad I have this forum & all of you experienced folk to help.

gd

gd
imouttahere is offline   Reply With Quote